I believe in self- reliance and being able to hold your head up high. I believe in caring and doing good for others to get good in return. I believe in second chances and benefit of the doubt. I believe true friends are real and when you find some, the friendship forms itself. I do not believe in being strung along, or trying to make something work that isn’t there. I believe relationships work when give and take is granted without having to ask for it.
Lately I’ve been struggling with the amount of energy I spend thinking about others and how little they spend thinking about me. I know that as a “good-hearted” human being it’s not about what we get in return but after awhile caring with no retaliation gets tiresome.
This has been a reoccurring theme in my life for the past couple weeks. Being so far away from home, I’ve learned that I can rely on myself and this is reassuring for future endeavors. However being the only one you can truly rely on can be frustrating.
Tonight, I thought for a minute after I was faced with a group of people I thought were suppose to be there for me… but rarely are. I thought about the anger I felt towards them, and about what I’d say to them if I ever got the chance to tell them off. Then I thought about the people I would call to vent and I realized that the care I put out towards others, is not wasted. I get it back through the consideration of my friends and family, both of which I would not replace with anyone else.
I don’t have a lot of friends but the friends I do have mean the world to me. They are people that took the time to get to know me and because of that I feel like my complete self around them. Friends like that are hard to find.
- This boy (I am pointing to) is my best friend and has made me almost pee my pants laughing too many times to count.
- This girl never forgets to give me a card for every holiday/birthday. She is so thoughtful.
- I nicknamed this boy Hermburglar and we were magic ever since. We are miles apart but he always makes time to schedule a phone date.
- The newest person to join my clan of people I love being around. This boy is one of the most kindest, out-going people I’ve ever met.
- This girl is my long lost twin. We are always on the same wavelength.
- This boy will forever be my driving role model. He drove 4 hours on unknown roads to visit me one summer.
- This girl is always positive and cheerful. She is always laughing about something.
My advice: Keep caring, keep doing, keep being you because those who don’t appreciate it will envy your relationships